To minimize the challenges of integrity crises university administrators, staff, and faculty from all over the world create and offer courses aimed at bringing improvements into leadership development practices and performance. When these courses are offered, they are centered on a barrage of topics we all believe to be relevant to leadership effectiveness. A partial listing of all areas covered is presented in Table 1 at the end of this call for papers. These topics fall into three distinct headings as:
1. Knowledge in Leadership Theory
2. Relevant Leadership Skills
3. Desirable Leadership Values
When critically reviewed the most common and recurring course contents in these three areas together are a mixed bag of topics presented in Table 1 below. Today, existing university courses, global professional seminars, conferences, and roundtable discussion sessions are based on diverse combinations of these topics. Leadership gurus too concentrate on these topics in their seminars and presentations.
At Transcending Excellence, our thorough and detailed review of most leadership education events, courses, and seminars have revealed that our dreams aimed at learning, knowing, understanding, and applying that which distinguishes authentic leadership from merely managerial and/or administrative functions are yet to be realized. We at Transcending Excellence believe that excellence in leadership must extend beyond current academic pursuits to fulfill our quest for virtuous and effective leadership across the board. Our primary goal for the Transcending Excellence University program in leadership is to discover how individuals in organizations can realize the long-term gains of the Human Factor Foundation of Leadership Effectiveness. While in attendance at the IIHFD’s Transcending Excellence University, you will neither be a passive spectator nor ignored as a conference participant. Instead, you will have the opportunity to team up with other colleagues to work together, hand-in-hand, to discover that which makes Leadership Effectiveness either possible or impossible within the confines of the Social Institutions: Family, School, Government, Law, Religion, and the Economy/Business.
Table 1: Perennial Focuses of Traditional Leadership Courses and Conferences
1. Team Building and Strategic Planning
2. Decision Making and Improving Productivity
3. Communications and Negotiation Skills
4. Valuable insights and Empowerment
5. Deepened Self-Awareness, Improved Performance, Creating Rapport, and Encouraging Involvement
6. Developing Synergy, Two-Way Trust, and Building Credibility
7. Advanced Critical Thinking
8. Critical Leadership Survival Skills
9. Enhancing Team Commitment
10. Advancing in Individual Performance
11. Mastering and Applying Critical Thinking Skills
12. Fostering Initiative and Accountability
13. Growing in Skills to Become Confident Leaders and Using Power and Influence 14. Building Commitment through Superior Communications
15. Enhanced Project Leadership
16. Expanding Employee Influence
17. Cultivating leadership Effectiveness
18. Transforming your Team for Breakthrough Results
19. Expanding Leadership Influence
20. Making Effective use of the Psychology of Persuasion
21. Improving emotional Intelligence Skills
22. Recognizing and Positively Managing Emotions in Leaders and Subordinates
23. Motivating Subordinates to Action
24. Employee Growth in Coaching Skills
25. Successful Implementation of Strategic Goals and Leading with Excellence
26. Developing Interpersonal Skills
27. Listening to and Handling Conflicts
If, indeed, we are able to effectively work together toward our own discovery of the degree to which the Quality of the Human Factor impacts Leadership Effectiveness within our own Communities, Nations, and the whole Global Village at Large, we will become greatly successful in dealing with most of the leadership challenges we have always faced and the perennially devastating integrity crises we experience anytime. At this conference we will work together, hand-in-hand to learn, discover, and also gain a deeper understanding of ourselves as well as the true primary foundation of the main sources of our own leadership ineffectiveness as well as the diverse kinds of weakness we experience. These are most frequently revealed to us through the ongoing failures evident within our Social Institutions. These are outcomes of severe human factor decay.
The 2020 Transcending Excellence University Program regarding total leadership development and effectiveness is organized to assist us to learn and work together, hand-in-hand, to understand better the degree to which the quality of the human factor impacts Leadership Performance in the Social Institutions as well as the Business Organization.
Table 2: The 2020 IIHFD Transcending Excellence University Topical Area
1. The Role of Spiritual Capital in Leadership Effectiveness: Its meaning, implications, and relevance to human effectiveness in organizations and the social institutions
2. The Role of Moral Capital in Leadership Effectiveness: Developing the knowledge, understanding, qualities, and abilities for effective moral leadership
3. Educating Effective Leaders at all Levels of the Organizations and the Social Institutions
4. Developing Executive Leadership Qualities and Abilities
5. The Quality of the Human Factor in Effective Human Resources Development and Management
6. The Quality of the Human Factor in Dealing with Generational Changes in Leadership
7. Effective Leadership Education: Preparing for the leadership function
8. Leading Effectively without Being Locked-Up within in any Formalized Leadership Position 9. Improving the Quality of the Human Factor for Leadership Effectiveness
10. Human Factor-based Education Programs and Activities for Transcending Spiritual and Moral Leadership Failures
11. Developing and Establishing Leadership Teams: The significance of the quality of the human factor
12. Leadership Challenges in Modern Society: Problems and Future Prospects
13. The Greatest Challenges to Leadership Effectiveness in Organizations and the Social Institutions
14. Cultivating Leadership Effectiveness and Transforming Teams for Breakthrough Results
15. The Children and Youth of Today: Where they Fit in the Leadership Development Programs of Today
NOTE: Presenters are also free to select any Topics of Interest to them from Table 1 above.
The 2020 Transcending Excellence University in leadership effectiveness is open to scholars and leadership practitioners who are concerned with the challenges and problems of leadership failures in the social institutions and the business organization. Everyone who possesses a burning desire to understand the human factor foundation of leadership effectiveness and craves to know how to apply it to revitalize his or her leadership practices and effectiveness is invited to participate in and contribute to it. We, therefore, extend the invitation to you the leadership scholar and/or practitioner to prepare and submit an abstract on a topic relating to the quality of leadership performance in areas or issues predominant in any of the six social institutions and any business organization of your interest or choosing.
Our combined quest at the 2020 Transcending Excellence University is to investigate, learn, and understand the degree to which the quality of the human factor impacts leadership effectiveness in the social institutions and business organizations of great scholarly and professional interest to us.
As either an academician with great interest in leadership theories and practice or a professional leader in your profession and/or industry you are welcome to prepare and submit an abstract on the wide variety of topics of interest to you and submit it for review and presentation at the 2020 Transcending Excellence University. Your paper can either be theoretical, philosophical, empirical, or a meaningful blend. Leadership scholars as well as professionals are free to employ qualitative, quantitative, and any other research methods of great interest to them in their research. Comparative and contrastive analyses of leadership effectiveness across the social institutions and other organizations in either any countries or regions or continents are welcome. Research work based on the practices of action research, case studies, and other forms of participant observation are welcome.
Come and join forces with your colleagues to discover and redefine that which contributes to true and sustained leadership effectiveness in the social institutions and other relevant organizations in our global village today. Our combined effort in this area and the great successes it brings to us through this venture will be an excellent gift to all humanity—to ourselves and the members of the next generation!
Abstracts: A prepared abstract for the Transcending Excellence University in Leadership Effectiveness must spell out clearly what the author intends to write about in the full paper. The abstract should not be more than 500 words.
Submission: Submit your abstract Online at: www.iihfd.org Please make sure you provide all information required. Include in your abstract the title for the paper, the names of the author(s), postal as well as e-mail addresses, and a telephone number.
Full Paper: Authors of accepted abstracts are expected to prepare their papers and submit them for blind review. Papers should be between twenty to thirty-five pages—using 1.5 spacing.
Though the submission dates for the Abstract as well as the completed paper, authors are given the freedom to submit both the Abstract and the completed Paper together. Please review and be familiar with the submission guidelines for both the Abstract and the completed Paper. Notification will be sent to every author according to the dates stated previously in this Call for Papers.
Accepted papers will either be published in an Edited Volume rather than a Conference Book of Proceedings. An Author must attend the IIHFD’s Transcending Excellence University Conference to present his or her Scholarly Paper in order to earn the right and privilege to have his or her paper(s) published as a chapter(s) in the Scholarly Published Book.
Senyo Adjibolosoo, PhD (Economics)
P. O. Box 23732
San Diego, CA 92193
Douglas A. Brown, PhD (Educational Administration)
Board Chair, IIHFD
P. O. Box 23732
San Diego, CA 92193